Travelers give high marks for the lakeside setting in Rhinelander, which is also known for its forests. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its architecture.
- There are 455 hotels and other accommodations in Rhinelander
- The closest major airport is in Rhinelander, WI (RHI-Oneida County), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rhinelander
Cultural venues in the city include Three Lakes Center for the Arts, Snowmobile Hall of Fame Snowmobiling Museum, and George W. Brown Jr. Ojibwe Museum and Cultural Center. Attractions like Elmer's Fun Park and Amsoil Eagle River Derby Track are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Historic Courthouse, Three Lakes Historical Society and Museum, and Waswagoning Indian Village.
In Rhinelander, there are 455 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Crandon Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Aqua Aire Motel - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this motel. Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free WiFi and free parking.
- Wild Eagle Lodge - This 3.5-star lodge features a marina, a private beach, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Dressing for Rhinelander
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 4°F as the nighttime average
- About 31.40 inches of rain falls on Rhinelander each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°F