Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly hotel with 2 restaurants and full-service spa
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Riviere Du Loup hotel is located near the airport, within 2 mi (3 km) of Musee du Bas St Laurent, Club De Golf De Riviere-Du Loup, and Cegep De Riviere-du-Loup. Manoir Fraser and Grand Portage Regional Hospital are also within 2 mi (3 km).
This smoke-free hotel features 2 restaurants, a full-service spa, and an indoor pool. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, a 24-hour fitness center, a bar/lounge, and a coffee shop/café are onsite.
All 220 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and room service. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with cable channels, and guests can also appreciate conveniences like refrigerators and microwaves.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hôtel Universel in Rivière-du-Loup
In addition to a full-service spa, Hôtel Universel in Rivière-du-Loup features an indoor pool and a spa tub. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access.
Business-related amenities at this 4-star property consist of a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms. Event facilities measure 183 square feet (17 square meters). This family-friendly hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a sauna, and multilingual staff. Complimentary self parking is available on site, along with a car charging station.
Hôtel Universel in Rivière-du-Loup is a smoke-free property.
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Electric car charging station
- Meeting rooms 17
- Year Built 1973
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (meters) - 17
- Free long-term parking
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 183
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 220
- Number of floors - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking, Free self parking
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Access via exterior corridors
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Room service (limited hours)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 1 PM.
La Verriere - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A children's menu is available.
The Bistro Rialto - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a sauna and a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
UniverSpa Nordik has 12 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include hot stone massages, Swedish massages, massages, and facials. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including reflexology and thalassotherapy. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub, and Turkish bath/hammam.
The spa is open daily.
- Number of treatment rooms 12
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Body scrubs
- Thalassotherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 11:00 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 10.0 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per pet, per stay
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 7 and CAD 15 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 10.0 per stay
- Hôtel Universel in Rivière-du-Loup
- Universel in Rivière-du-Loup
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.