Visiting Rottnest Island
Visitors to Rottnest Island are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Top sights around the area include City Beach and Cottesloe Beach.
- You'll find 735 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Perth
- The closest major airport is in Perth, WA (PER), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rottnest Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as The Basin and Strickland Bay. Additionally, in the area you'll find City Beach and Cottesloe Beach.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Rottnest - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
Getting Around Rottnest Island
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Rottnest Island is a breeze. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Oliver Hill Station or Settlement Station. You can learn about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Rottnest Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 55°F
- Average annual rainfall for Rottnest Island is 24.37 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 54°F