Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jul 14, 2019
Reviewed on Oct 15, 2019
Reviewed on Aug 27, 2019
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Sagres, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Around the area, top sights include Meia Praia Beach, Cape St. Vincent Lighthouse, and Luz Beach.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Sagres
- The closest major airport is in Portimao (PRM), 22.1 mi (35.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 53.7 mi (86.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sagres
The city is notable for landmarks like Cape St. Vincent Lighthouse, Church of Lady of our Grace, and Sagres Fortress. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Mareta Beach, Tonel Beach, and Baleeira Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sagres Lighthouse and Martinhal Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Sagres. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Martinhal Sagres Beach Family Resort - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Sagres Time Apartments - Our customers love the beach locale and pool at this apartment. This 4-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and parking.
- Casa Azul Sagres - Rooms & Apartments - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and free train station pick-up, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Meia Praia Beach, 17.3 mi/27.8 km from the city center, and Luz Beach, which is 13.2 mi/21.3 km away.
Dressing for Sagres
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Sagres each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 48°F