Visiting Saint John
History buffs will enjoy exploring Saint John, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port and shopping. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its sporting events, museums, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Harbour Station and Bay of Fundy.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Saint John
- The closest major airport is in Saint John, NB (YSJ), 9 mi (14.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint John
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Saint John Imperial Theatre, Saint John Arts Centre, and New Brunswick Museum. Attractions like Lord Beaverbrook Rink, Hilton Belyea Arena, and Charles Gorman Arena are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like King's Square, Trinity Church, and Fort Howe.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Saint John. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Quality Inn & Suites Amsterdam - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Saint John New Brunswick - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Pine cone Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free Internet. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Saint John include Harbour Station and Bay of Fundy.
Dressing for Saint John
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 42°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 8°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- Saint John gets about 1.89 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°F