Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Saint-Malo, which is also known for its cafés. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours and casinos. Top sights in the city include St. Malo Citadel and St. Vincent Cathedral.
- There are 256 hotels and other accommodations in Saint-Malo
- The closest major airport is in Dinard (DNR-Dinard - Pleurtuit - Saint-Malo), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rennes (RNS-Saint-Jacques), 42.5 mi (68.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint-Malo
Notable city landmarks like St. Malo Citadel and St. Vincent Cathedral might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: St. Malo Beach, Grand Be, and Sillon Beach. Taking a ferry is just one of the top activities, while Port of Saint-Malo and Saint-Malo Ferry Port are sights to visit.
In Saint-Malo, there are 256 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- La Haute Flourie - This guesthouse in Le Rosais-La Flourie features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hôtel Le Nouveau Monde - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Courtoisville-Sillon-Moka can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free Internet.
- Ar Iniz - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Saint-Malo
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Saint-Malo is simple. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Saint Malo Station. You can take a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Saint-Malo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Saint-Malo each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F