Visitors can enjoy all that Saltville has to offer including its museums. There are 42 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Abingdon, VA (VJI-Virginia Highlands), 19.9 mi (32 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Tri-Cities, TN (TRI-Tri-Cities Regional), 44.9 mi (72.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Saltville
A favorite place to visit in the city is Museum of the Middle Appalachians. Additionally, you'll find Smyth County Visitor's Center and Emory and Henry College in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Saltville, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 42 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Abingdon, VA is 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the center of Saltville. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Abingdon can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Abingdon is located 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the heart of Saltville. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Abingdon can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and comfortable beds.
- Red Roof Inn Abingdon is 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from central Saltville. Guests who stay at this 1.5-star motel in Abingdon can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Saltville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- Saltville gets about 42.87 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F