Visiting Samut Sakhon
Travelers to Samut Sakhon will find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Samut Sakhon
- The closest major airport is in Bangkok (BKK-Suvarnabhumi Intl.), 35.1 mi (56.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bangkok (DMK-Don Mueang Intl.), 35.6 mi (57.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Samut Sakhon
Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Royal Police Cadet Academy and Wat Samphran.
As you plan your trip to Samut Sakhon, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 1451 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- ST Apartment is 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from central Samut Sakhon. This 2.5-star hotel in Samut Sakhon features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Taweesuk Residence is located 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the heart of Samut Sakhon. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Samut Sakhon can enjoy access to free parking and free WiFi.
- Grand Inter Hotel is 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the center of Samut Sakhon. This hotel in Samut Sakhon features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Wat Arun, located 21.6 mi (34.7 km) from the city center, and Wat Pho, which is 21.8 mi/35.2 km away.
Getting Around Samut Sakhon
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Samut Sakhon Tha Chalom Station, Samut Sakhon Ban Chi Phakhao Station, or Samut Sakhon Ban Laem Station. Samut Sakhon may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Samut Sakhon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 94°F and the nighttime average to be 68°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 95°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 68°F at night
- About 54.61 inches of rain falls on Samut Sakhon each year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 94°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 69°F