Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Jul 26, 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 13, 2021
Reviewed on Jan 5, 2021
Visiting San Salvador
Travelers to San Salvador give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices, local tours, and museums. Top sights in the city include National Theater, Estadio Cuscatlan, and Metrocentro.
- There are 234 hotels and other accommodations in San Salvador
- The closest major airport is in San Salvador (ILS-Ilopango), 5.2 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Salvador (SAL-El Salvador Intl.), 19.6 mi (31.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Salvador
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Theater, Natural History Museum, and Museo de Arte de El Salvador. The city is notable for landmarks like Monumento al Salvador del Mundo, Plaza Libertad, and Catedral Metropolitano. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lake Ilopango, San Diego Beach, and Playa San Blas.
In San Salvador, you'll find 234 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- All Days Inn and out - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Árbol de Fuego Eco-Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and parking.
- Nico Urban Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other favorite sights in San Salvador include Estadio Cuscatlan, Metrocentro, and La Gran Via Shopping Center. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Lake Coatepeque, 26.6 mi/42.9 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for San Salvador
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 94°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 60°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.57 inches of rain falls on San Salvador each year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 60°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in San Salvador?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in San Salvador, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to San Salvador?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in San Salvador?
Where is the best place to stay in Costa Del Sol?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation to San Salvador?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation in San Salvador?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in San Salvador?
Where is the best place to stay close to Metrocentro?
What about the best place to stay near La Gran Via Shopping Center?
What's the best hotel for a beach vacation in San Salvador?
What are some accommodations with pools in San Salvador?
Recent reviews of San Salvador hotels
More trip options
- San Salvador Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near San Salvador Airports
- Hotels in San Salvador Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular San Salvador Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in San Salvador
- More Hotel Options in San Salvador
- More Popular Hotels in San Salvador
- Other Hotels near San Salvador, San Salvador
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends