Visiting Antiguo Cuscatlan
Visitors to Antiguo Cuscatlan are sure to enjoy the entertainment choices, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, festivals, and cafés. Top sights around the area include Estadio Cuscatlan and National Theater.
- You'll find 161 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Salvador
- The closest major airport is in San Salvador (ILS-Ilopango), 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Salvador (SAL-El Salvador Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Antiguo Cuscatlan
The picturesque setting of La Laguna Botanical Garden and Bicentennial Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Multiplaza, La Gran Via Shopping Center, and Las Cascadas Shopping Mall. Additionally, you might want to add U.S. Embassy in San Salvador to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Antiguo Cuscatlan. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield by Marriott San Salvador - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to public transit.
- Courtyard Marriott San Salvador - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn San Salvador - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Estadio Cuscatlan, 1.9 mi/3.1 km from the heart of the city, and National Theater, which is 4.4 mi/7.1 km away.
Dressing for Antiguo Cuscatlan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 60°F
- Antiguo Cuscatlan gets about 1.57 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 60°F