Find Hotels in Sandakan
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Mar 4, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Sandakan are sure to enjoy the rainforests, seaside, and temples. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Sandakan
- The closest major airport is in Sandakan (SDK), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandakan
Attractions like Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary, Rainforest Discovery Centre, and Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Sandakan Memorial Park, Puu Jih Shih Temple, and Saint Michael's and All Angels Church. The city's rainforest, forests, and seaside provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Gomantong Caves.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Sandakan. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sepilok Nature Resort - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable beds.
- Harbourside Backpackers - Hostel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hostel. With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a computer station, along with an in-room refrigerator.
- Nature Lodge Sepilok - With a stay at this 2.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Dressing for Sandakan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 4.09 inches of rain falls on Sandakan each year
- Hottest months are usually December and March with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 73°F