Visiting Santa Ana
Visitors to Santa Ana are sure to enjoy the beaches, entertainment choices, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfalls. Top sights in the city include Tazumal and Lake Coatepeque.
- There are 80 hotels and other accommodations in Santa Ana
- The closest major airport is in San Salvador (ILS-Ilopango), 40.3 mi (64.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Salvador (SAL-El Salvador Intl.), 50.9 mi (81.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Ana
Cultural venues in the city include Tazumal, Finca San Antonio, and Santa Ana Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Santa Ana City Hall, Ataco Church, and Casa Blanca. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lake Coatepeque, Santa Ana Volcano, and Cerro Verde National Park.
In Santa Ana, you'll find 80 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- CASA DE GRACIELA - HOTEL BOUTIQUE - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free valet parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Royal Decameron Salinitas - All Inclusive - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this property. With a stay at this 3-star property, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and 5 restaurants, along with WiFi.
Dressing for Santa Ana
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 53°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 58°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 54°F
- Santa Ana gets about 51.06 inches of rain per year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 54°F