Visiting Santa Tecla
Visitors can enjoy all that Santa Tecla has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and bars. Top sights around the area include Estadio Cuscatlan and National Theater.
- You'll find 161 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Salvador
- The closest major airport is in San Salvador (ILS-Ilopango), 11.8 mi (18.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Salvador (SAL-El Salvador Intl.), 23 mi (37.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Tecla
The picturesque setting of El Boqueron National Park and Volcano El Boqueron exemplify the city's natural beauty. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Plaza Merliot is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Estadio Cuscatlan and National Theater.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Santa Tecla. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel Jardín del Carmen is located in central Santa Tecla. Guests who stay at this 3-star inn in Santa Tecla can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Mango Inn is located in the heart of Santa Tecla. This 2.5-star hotel in Santa Tecla features free WiFi, laundry facilities, and a 24-hour front desk.
- Hostal La Casa de Izel is located within 1 mi (1.6 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Santa Tecla can enjoy access to a terrace and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Santa Tecla
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 94°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 60°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Santa Tecla is 1.57 inches
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 60°F