Travelers to Schoenwies will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 505 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Innsbruck (INN-Kranebitten), 33.5 mi (53.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Schoenwies
Places to visit in the larger region include Kronburg Castle Ruins, Vanet Ski Area, and Zammer Lochputz. In the area, you'll also find Alpine Coaster and Imster Gondola.
As you make plans for a getaway to Schoenwies, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 83 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hotel-Gasthof Klause is located 18 mi (29 km) from the heart of Schoenwies. This 3-star inn in Reutte features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
- Apart-Hotel PURE Lermoos is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the center of Schoenwies. This 4-star aparthotel in Lermoos features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bathrooms and walkable location.
- Hotel Tannenhof is 20.4 mi (32.9 km) from central Schoenwies. This 3-star hotel in Lechaschau features free WiFi, free parking, and a sauna.
Getting Around Schoenwies
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Schoenwies Station. Schoenwies may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Schoenwies
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Schoenwies is 33.82 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F