History buffs will enjoy exploring Sheridan, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its mountain views.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in Sheridan
- The closest major airport is in Sheridan, WY (SHR-Sheridan County), 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sheridan
Cultural venues in the city include WYO Theater, King's Saddlery and Museum, and Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Connor Battlefield State Historic Site, Trail End State Historic Site, and Fetterman Monument. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and these places to visit: Kendrick Park, Bighorn National Forest, and Burgess Junction Visitor Center.
In Sheridan, there are 61 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mansion House Inn & Motel - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Sheridan - Our customers like the convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Buffalo Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for Sheridan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- Sheridan gets about 14.17 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 11°F