History buffs will enjoy exploring Buffalo, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, live music, and art.
- You'll find 52 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sheridan
- The closest major airport is in Sheridan, WY (SHR-Sheridan County), 32.3 mi (52 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Buffalo
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Wagon Box Battle Monument. The picturesque setting of Washington Memorial Park and Dry Creek Petrified Forest exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum and Buffalo Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Buffalo. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Historic Capitol Hotel Vacation Suites - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Historic Mansion House Inn - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its room size and location.
Dressing for Buffalo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Average annual rainfall for Buffalo is 12.68 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 16°F