Travelers to Shichinohe will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 54 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Misawa (MSJ), 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Aomori (AOJ), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Shichinohe
Places to visit in the larger region include Japan Central Monument Historic Park, Michinoku Kokusai Golf Club, and Atago Park. You'll also find Towada Catholic Church and Towada Art Center in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Shichinohe, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 54 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Select Inn Aomori is 19 mi (30.6 km) from the center of Shichinohe. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Aomori can enjoy access to parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Hoshino Resorts Aomoriya is located 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the heart of Shichinohe. This 3.5-star ryokan in Rokunohe-machi features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- APA Hotel Aomori-Ekihigashi is 19 mi (30.6 km) from central Shichinohe. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Aomori can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Shichinohe
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Shichinohe Towada Station. Shichinohe might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Shichinohe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 44°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Average annual rainfall for Shichinohe is 1.38 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F