Visitors can enjoy all that Sint-Niklaas has to offer including the breweries, churches, and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and local tours. Plantin-Moretus Museum, ModeMuseum, and Antwerp City Hall are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 184 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Antwerp
- The closest major airport is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 15 mi (24.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 24.7 mi (39.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sint-Niklaas
The city is notable for landmarks like Church of Our Lady, St. Nicholas Church, and Christ the King Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sint-Niklaas City Hall and Belfry and Walburg Castle.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Sint-Niklaas. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and location.
- Hotel Serwir - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel New Flanders - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Plantin-Moretus Museum, located 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city center, and ModeMuseum, which is 13.1 mi/21.1 km away.
Getting Around Sint-Niklaas
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Belsele Station, Sint-Niklaas Station, or Sinaai Station. Sint-Niklaas might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Sint-Niklaas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Sint-Niklaas gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F