Visitors can enjoy all that Skagway has to offer including the mountain views and waterfront. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and walkable setting.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Skagway
- The closest major airport is in Skagway, AK (SGY), 7 mi (11.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Haines, AK (HNS), 22.8 mi (36.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Skagway
Notable city landmarks like Captain William Moore Cabin and Yakutania Point might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park and White Pass exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are City of Skagway Museum and Trail of '98 Museum.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Westmark Inn Skagway - This 2-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Skagway
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 42°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 53°F during the day and 12°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Skagway is 1.69 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°F