Visiting Slovenia Adriatic Coast
Travelers give high marks for the seaside in Slovenia Adriatic Coast, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, seafood restaurants, and churches. A top sight in the area is Miramare Castle.
- There are 300 hotels and other accommodations in Slovenia Adriatic Coast
- The closest major airport is in Trieste (TRS-Friuli Venezia Giulia), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Slovenia Adriatic Coast
The city is notable for landmarks like Tartinijev Trg, Church of St. Anthony, and Praetorian Palace. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Portoroz Beach, Lighthouse Park, and Debeli Rtič. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Izola Marina and Piran Harbour are sights to visit.
In Slovenia Adriatic Coast, you'll find 300 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kempinski Palace Portoroz - This 5-star hotel features a winery, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Boutique Hotel Portorose - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Remisens Hotel Lucija - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Miramare Castle, located 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Slovenia Adriatic Coast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Slovenia Adriatic Coast gets about 1.34 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F