Visitors to Sonsonate are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Tazumal.
- You'll find 45 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Santa Ana
- The closest major airport is in San Salvador (SAL-El Salvador Intl.), 48.9 mi (78.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sonsonate
Tazumal is a notable place to visit in the region. You'll also find Juayua Park and Izalco Volcano in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Sonsonate, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 45 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Royal Decameron Salinitas - All Inclusive is located 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the heart of Sonsonate. This 3-star resort in Acajutla features a private beach, 7 restaurants, and free breakfast. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hotel & Restaurant Fleur de Lis is 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the center of Sonsonate. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Concepcion de Ataco can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- CASA DE GRACIELA - HOTEL BOUTIQUE is 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from central Sonsonate. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Concepcion de Ataco can enjoy access to free breakfast and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Sonsonate
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 60°F
- Sonsonate gets about 1.54 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 61°F