Find Motels in Springfield
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Springfield
Other property types in Springfield
Crowne Plaza Springfield
Reviewed on Sep 15, 2020
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springfield IL
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2020
Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center
Reviewed on Sep 16, 2020
Springfield Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 8 low-cost motels in Springfield among more than 66 hotels and other accommodations. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy more of what Springfield has to offer. Top sights to visit include Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as convenient lodging for the weary traveler taking a road trip along America's major roadways. Motels often include free parking, and many also feature an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers' recommended Springfield motels to select from:
- If driving, you'll be within 11 minutes of Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- 24-hour room service along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a short 5-minute drive of Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum.
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- It's located within a short 8-minute drive of Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum.
- A fitness center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and a manager's reception are available during your stay.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
What to Do in SpringfieldEnjoy the lively festivals in this historical, family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. Those who've visited Springfield speak highly of its shops, museums, and restaurants.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Jaynes Park
- Railsplitter State Park
- Manners Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Illinois State Fairgrounds
- Henson Robinson Zoo
- Knights Action
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Old State Capitol
- Lincoln's Tomb
- Lincoln Depot
Springfield is also popular for its:
- University life
- Live music
Best Time to Visit SpringfieldFigure out the ideal time to visit Springfield by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 59° F and nighttime temperatures average 18° F
- April-June: 86° F is the daytime average and 38° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 87° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 73° F during the day and 19° F at night
- Average rainfall is 37.44 inches in a year
How to Get to Springfield and Around the Area
|Springfield, IL (SPI-Abraham Lincoln Capital)||Airport||3.4 mi (5.4 km)|
|Decatur, IL (DEC)||Airport||41 mi (66 km)|
|Springfield Station||Train Station||0.2 mi (0.4 km)|
|Lincoln Station||Train Station||28.5 mi (45.8 km)|