Families will find kid-friendly activities in Springfield, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping, and festivals. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, monuments, and live music. A top sight in the city is Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum.
- There are 71 hotels and other accommodations in Springfield
- The closest major airport is in Springfield, IL (SPI-Abraham Lincoln Capital), 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Decatur, IL (DEC), 41 mi (66 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Springfield
Known for its museums, live music, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, Lincoln Home National Historic Site, and Illinois State Museum. Favorite family attractions include Illinois State Fairgrounds and Henson Robinson Zoo. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Old State Capitol, Lincoln's Tomb, and Lincoln Depot.
In Springfield, you'll be able to select from 71 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Inn at 835 Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Springfield, IL - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Springfield Lake Shore Improvement can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Springfield - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Getting Around Springfield
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Springfield Station or Lincoln Station. Springfield may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Springfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Springfield is 37.43 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F