Travelers to Springs will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the area include Gold Reef City, Museum Africa, and Johannesburg Zoo.
- You'll find 1083 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Springs
Places to visit in the larger region include Royal Oak Country Club, Mall at Carnival, and Tsakane Mall. In the area, you'll also find Nigel Golf Club and Lakeside Mall.
As you start planning for your getaway to Springs, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 196 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Emerald Guest House Springs is 3.7 mi (6 km) from the center of Springs. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Springs can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room deep soaking tub. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Southern Sun O.R. Tambo International Airport is located 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from the heart of Springs. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kempton Park can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- City Lodge Hotel at OR Tambo International Airport is 16.5 mi (26.5 km) from central Springs. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kempton Park can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Springs
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 3°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 30°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 3°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Springs is 24.65 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°F