Travelers to Swellendam give high marks for the beautiful gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. In Swellendam, there are 47 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Swellendam
The gardens and mountain views exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Bontebok National Park and Marloth Nature Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dutch Reformed Church Swellendam and Drostdy Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Swellendam. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Augusta de Mist Country House - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Rothman Manor Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and WiFi at this guesthouse. This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Schoone Oordt Country House - This 5-star country house features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Swellendam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 59°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Swellendam is 0.75 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 50°F