Visitors can enjoy all that Sylhet has to offer including the gardens, temples, and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and zoo.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Sylhet
- The closest major airport is in Sylhet (ZYL-Osmani Intl.), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sylhet
Notable city landmarks like Shrine of Hazrat Shah Jalal and Shahi Eidgah might be worth a visit. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Shahjalal University of Science and Technology is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Keane Bridge and Adventure World.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Sylhet. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel Noorjahan Grand is located in central Sylhet. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Sylhet can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- La Rose Hotel is located in the heart of Sylhet. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Sylhet can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Rose View Hotel is located 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Sylhet can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Sylhet
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 52°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 52°F as the nighttime average
- Sylhet gets about 63.90 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 54°F