Visitors to Thwing are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 495 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 54.2 mi (87.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Thwing
Places to visit in the larger region include Burton Agnes Hall, Ganton Golf Club, and Wolds Way Golf. In the area, you'll also find West Avenue Pitch and Putt and Bridlington Birds of Prey and Animal Park.
As you make plans for a getaway to Thwing, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 211 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Britannia Grand Hotel Scarborough is 11.3 mi (18.1 km) from central Thwing. This 3-star hotel in Scarborough features 2 restaurants, 2 bars, and a conference center. Our customers like its beach locale and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Ambassador Hotel is located 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the heart of Thwing. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Scarborough can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and convenient parking.
- Crown Spa Hotel Scarborough by Compass Hospitality is 11 mi (17.7 km) from the center of Thwing. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Scarborough can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Thwing
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Thwing gets about 0.71 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F