Visitors can enjoy all that Tinos has to offer including the seafood restaurants, temples, and beaches. The tucked away and quaint setting also entices those visiting the city. Panagia Paraportiani, Archaeological Museum of Mykonos, and Windmills of Mykonos are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 123 hotels and other accommodations in Tinos
- The closest major airport is in Mykonos (JMK-Mykonos Island National), 12.4 mi (20 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ermoupolis (JSY-Syros Island National), 14.2 mi (22.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tinos
Favorite places to visit in the city include Monument of Elli, Archaeological Museum of Tinos, and Church of Panagia Evangelistria. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sanctuary of Poseidon and Holy Monastery of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.
In Tinos, you'll find 123 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Porto Raphael - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Porto Vlastos - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this apartment. With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Vincenzo Family Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its beach locale and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Panagia Paraportiani, located 11 mi (17.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Archaeological Museum of Mykonos, which is 11 mi (17.7 km) away.
Dressing for Tinos
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- Tinos gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 46°F