Visitors to Trier are sure to enjoy the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums, and cathedral.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in Trier
- The closest major airport is in Luxembourg (LUX-Findel), 20.8 mi (33.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (HHN-Frankfurt - Hahn), 31 mi (49.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Trier
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Cathedral of Trier, Church of Our Lady, and Basilica of Constantine. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Porta Nigra and Karl Marx House.
In Trier, there are 51 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Villa Hügel - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel Eurener Hof - Our customers like the pool and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis Styles Trier - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Mitte can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and room size.
Getting Around Trier
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Trier Central Station, Trier Süd Station, or Pfalzel Station. Trier might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Trier
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Trier gets about 25.20 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F