Visiting Tsuen Wan
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tsuen Wan, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples. Top sights around the area include Hong Kong Disneyland, Mong Kok Computer Centre, and Ladies' Market.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Tsuen Wan
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tsuen Wan
Notable city landmarks like Chuk Lam Sim Monastery and Western Monastery might be worth a visit. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Tsuen Wan Plaza and Citistore. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yuen Yuen Institute and Tsuen Wan Pier.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Tsuen Wan. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Campus Hong Kong - Hostel - With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Panda Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- L'hotel Nina et Convention Centre - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to the airport.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Hong Kong Disneyland, 6.2 mi/9.9 km from the city center, and Mong Kok Computer Centre, which is 6.4 mi/10.3 km away.
Getting Around Tsuen Wan
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Hong Kong Tsuen Wan Station, Tsuen Wan Station, or Hong Kong Tsuen Wan West Station. Tsuen Wan might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Tsuen Wan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 58°F
- Average annual rainfall for Tsuen Wan is 3.19 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 56°F