Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 27, 2019
Reviewed on Jan 20, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 18, 2017
Reviewed on May 14, 2019
Visitors can enjoy all that Uelzen has to offer including the churches, gardens, and bars. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and rural setting.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Uelzen
- The closest major airport is in Hannover (HAJ), 50.6 mi (81.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hamburg (HAM), 51.3 mi (82.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Uelzen
Favorite places to visit in the city include St. Mary's Church, BADUE - Badeland Uelzen, and Holdenstedt Castle Museum. In the area, you'll also find Kurpark Spa Gardens and Museum Schliekau.
As you plan your vacation to Uelzen, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 22 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- CityHotel Stadt Hamburg Uelzen is located in central Uelzen. This 3-star hotel in Uelzen features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Johnsburg is located in the heart of Uelzen. With a stay at this hotel in Uelzen, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Akzent Hotel Deutsche Eiche is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city's heart. This hotel in Uelzen features ski slopes, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Getting Around Uelzen
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Uelzen Station. Uelzen might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Uelzen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 25°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Uelzen is 0.98 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 27°F