Visitors can enjoy all that Valenciennes has to offer including the golf courses, museums, and casinos. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, parks, and bars.
- There are 65 hotels and other accommodations in Valenciennes
- The closest major airport is in Lille (LIL-Lesquin), 23.6 mi (37.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Valenciennes
Favorite places to visit in the city include Avesnois Regional Nature Park, Musee des Beaux-Arts, and Stade Nungesser. Additionally, you might want to add Pure Aventure to your agenda.
In Valenciennes, you'll be able to select from 65 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mercure Valenciennes Centre - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and conference space, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Hôtel du Pasino Saint-Amand-les-Eaux - This 4-star hotel features a casino, 3 restaurants, and free WiFi.
- In Situ Hotel Le Chat Botte - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Casino Barriere Lille, 27.5 mi/44.3 km from the heart of the city, and Palace of Fine Arts, which is 27.7 mi (44.5 km) away.
Getting Around Valenciennes
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Valenciennes Station, Valenciennes Le Poirier Univeriste Station, or Valenciennes Beuvrages Station. Valenciennes may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Valenciennes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Valenciennes is 32.50 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F