Visitors to Vassenden are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Forde (FDE-Bringeland), 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Sandane (SDN-Anda), 22.7 mi (36.6 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Vassenden
Places to visit in the larger region include Eikaas Galleriet, Holsen Church, and Astruptunet. In the area, you'll also find Sunnfjord Museum and Forde Church.
As you plan for your vacation to Vassenden, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 7 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Scandic Sunnfjord Hotel & Spa is located 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the heart of Vassenden. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Forde can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Thon Hotel Jølster is 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from central Vassenden. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Jolster can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Førde Vandrerhjem - Hostel is 8 mi (12.9 km) from the center of Vassenden. This 2-star hostel in Forde features free WiFi, free parking, and conference space. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value.
Dressing for Vassenden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 42°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 56°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 62°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 53°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Vassenden is 1.22 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 60°F, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F