Visitors to Veluwe are sure to enjoy the forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, archaeological sites, and musical theater. Top sights in the city include Kroller-Muller Museum, Hoge Veluwe National Park, and Burgers Zoo.
- There are 261 hotels and other accommodations in Veluwe
- The closest major airport is in Weeze (NRN), 43.9 mi (70.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 46 mi (74.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Veluwe
Cultural venues in the city include Kroller-Muller Museum, Theater & Congres Orpheus, and Nederlands Openluchtmuseum. Attractions like Burgers Zoo, Apenheul, and Dolphinarium Harderwijk are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Paleis Het Loo, Doorwerth Castle, and Castle Cannenburch.
In Veluwe, there are 261 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Van der Valk Hotel Apeldoorn - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Hotel de Wereld - Our customers like the dining options and central location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and parking.
- Kasteel Engelenburg - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options.
Other top sights in Veluwe include Hoge Veluwe National Park. Top places to visit around the area include Pyramid of Austerlitz, 22.4 mi/36.1 km from the heart of the city, and Walibi Holland, which is 16.2 mi (26.1 km) away.
Getting Around Veluwe
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Apeldoorn Station, Apeldoorn De Maten Station, or Apeldoorn Osseveld Station. Veluwe might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Veluwe
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Veluwe gets about 31.34 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F