Visitors can enjoy all that Apeldoorn has to offer including the forests, theme park, and musical theater. Tourists can also enjoy the city's jazz scene and architecture.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Apeldoorn
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 51.2 mi (82.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Apeldoorn
Favorite places to visit in the city include Theater & Congres Orpheus, Paleis Het Loo, and Apenheul. You'll also find Castle ter Horst and Lebuinuskerk in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Apeldoorn. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Van der Valk Hotel Apeldoorn Nieuw - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Zenzez Hotel & Lounge - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Pegasus - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Getting Around Apeldoorn
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Apeldoorn Station, Apeldoorn De Maten Station, or Apeldoorn Osseveld Station. Apeldoorn might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Apeldoorn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Apeldoorn gets about 1.06 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 33°F