Those traveling to Vernantes are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Chateau de Saumur, Chateau de Montsoreau, and Fontevaud Abbey are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Vernantes
- The closest major airport is in Angers (ANE-Angers - Loire), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tours (TUF-Tours - Loire Valley), 32.3 mi (52 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vernantes
Chateau de Saumur, Chateau de Montsoreau, and Fontevaud Abbey are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find Chateau de Breze in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Vernantes, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 32 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hôtel Le Pelican is located within 1.1 mi (1.7 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Vernantes can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Saumur Loire Chambres Gîte is 1 mi (1.6 km) from the city's heart. This bed & breakfast in Vernantes features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Vernantes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Vernantes is 1.34 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F