Visiting Virgin Gorda
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Virgin Gorda, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. Top sights in the city include The Baths and Bitter End Gardens.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Virgin Gorda
- The closest major airport is in Spanish Town (VIJ-Virgin Gorda), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tortola (EIS-Terrance B. Lettsome Intl.), 9.3 mi (15 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Virgin Gorda
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: The Baths, Bitter End Gardens, and Virgin Gorda Peak. Snorkeling is just one of the top activities, while Leverick Bay Marina and Virgin Gorda Harbor are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gorda Peak National Park and Nail Bay Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Virgin Gorda. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mango Bay Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Gordian Terrace - This 3-star condo features free WiFi, free parking, and a conference center. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
A popular place to see outside the city is Cane Garden Bay Beach, located 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Virgin Gorda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- About 39.33 inches of rain falls on Virgin Gorda each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 73°F