Visiting West End
Travelers to West End give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. The relaxing and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Battery, The Baths, and Cane Garden Bay Beach.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in West End
- The closest major airport is in Tortola (EIS-Terrance B. Lettsome Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Spanish Town (VIJ-Virgin Gorda), 17.1 mi (27.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West End
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Long Bay Beach, Smuggler's Cove Beach, and Sage Mountain National Park. Sailing is a top activity, and Soper's Hole Marina is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are North Shore Shell Museum and Tortola.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in West End. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Frenchmans - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Long Bay Beach Club - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel - This 4-star villa features a full-service spa, a private beach, and a restaurant. Expedia customers love its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Battery, located 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center, and The Baths, which is 15.7 mi (25.3 km) away.
Dressing for West End
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- West End gets about 39.33 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 73°F