Wichita Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 21 low-cost motels in Wichita among more than 140 hotels and other accommodations. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy more of what Wichita has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Museum of World Treasures, Exploration Place, and Wichita Art Museum.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as a convenient place to stay for the tired traveler taking a road trip along the major roadways of America. Motels often include free parking, and many have outdoor pools.
Here are some of our customers' best-rated Wichita motels to choose from:
Super 8 by Wyndham Wichita East
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Museum of World Treasures and Exploration Place.
- Enjoy access to the business center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Wichita Airport
- A 24-hour business center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Exploration Place and Sedgwick County Zoo.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Kansas Aviation Museum and INTRUST Bank Arena.
Haysville Express Inn
- It's located within a short 10-minute drive of Kansas Aviation Museum.
- A 24-hour front desk along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Scotsman Inn West-Airport
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Exploration Place and Sedgwick County Zoo.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Wichita
Check out the area's entertainment choices and great live music while you're sightseeing. Visitors like Wichita for its zoo, shops, and museums.
Here are some popular places:
- Museum of World Treasures
- Exploration Place
- Wichita Art Museum
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Botanica - Wichita Gardens
- Kansas Wildlife Exhibit
- Oak Park
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Sedgwick County Zoo
- Koch Aquatic Center
Wichita is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Wichita
Figure out the ideal time to visit Wichita by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 62° F and nighttime temperatures average 20° F
- April-June: 91° F is the daytime average and 39° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 94° F and nighttime averages are around 54° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 77° F during the day and 21° F at night
- Average rainfall is 30.35 inches in a year
How to Get to Wichita and Around the Area
|Wichita, KS (ICT-Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National) ||Airport ||5.6 mi (9 km) |
|Newton Station ||Train Station ||24.9 mi (40.1 km) |