Find Hotels in Winchester, VA
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $45
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 27, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 2, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 12, 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Winchester, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and vibrant, this city attracts tourists with its theaters and entertainment choices.
- There are 76 hotels and other accommodations in Winchester
- The closest major airport is in Martinsburg, WV (MRB-Eastern West Virginia Regional), 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 41.7 mi (67.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Winchester
Well-known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum, Winchester Little Theater, and Museum of the Shenandoah Valley. Families come for attractions such as Dinosaur Land, Wilson's Wild Animal Park, and Rocking S Ranch. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Patsy Cline Historic House, Holy Cross Abbey, and George Washington's Office.
In Winchester, there are 76 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wayside Inn - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Winchester, VA - Our customers like the pool and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with in-room LCD TVs. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, 25.2 mi/40.6 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Winchester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Winchester is 38.33 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Winchester?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Winchester, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Winchester?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Winchester?
What's the best place to stay when traveling with kids to Winchester?
What's the best hotel for couples in Winchester?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Winchester?
Where is the best place to stay with easy access to Shenandoah University?
What about the best place to stay near Bluemont Vineyard?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Winchester?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Winchester?
What are some hotels with pools in Winchester?
Recent reviews of Winchester hotels
More trip options
- Winchester Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Winchester Airports
- Hotels near Popular Winchester Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Winchester
- More Hotel Options in Winchester
- More Popular Hotels in Virginia
- Other Hotels near Winchester, Virginia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends