Visiting Front Royal
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Front Royal, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront and monuments.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Winchester
- The closest major airport is in Martinsburg, WV (MRB-Eastern West Virginia Regional), 35.4 mi (57 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 40 mi (64.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Front Royal
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Belle Boyd Cottage. The mountain views and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Skyline Caverns and Dickey Ridge Visitor Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Blue Ridge Arts Council and Gallery and Front Royal Visitor's Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Front Royal. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Front Royal - Our customers like the WiFi and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Twi-Lite Motel - This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and WiFi.
Dressing for Front Royal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Front Royal gets about 40.94 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 24°F