Visiting Harpers Ferry
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Harpers Ferry, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the riverfront and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, museums, and mountain views.
- You'll find 140 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Martinsburg
- The closest major airport is in Martinsburg, WV (MRB-Eastern West Virginia Regional), 15 mi (24.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hagerstown, MD (HGR-Hagerstown Regional), 26.4 mi (42.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Harpers Ferry
The city's cultural venues include John Brown Wax Museum and Civil War Living History Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like John Brown's Fort, Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, and Nash Farm. Additionally, you might want to add Bolivar Heights Scenic Overlook to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Harpers Ferry. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry - Charles Town - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and convenient parking.
- Quality Inn - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Town's Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Harpers Ferry
With so many ways to get around, seeing Harpers Ferry is a breeze. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Harpers Ferry Station. You can catch a ferry across the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Harpers Ferry
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- Harpers Ferry gets about 38.70 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F