Visitors to Windhoek are sure to enjoy the shopping and safari tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments, and churches.
- There are 102 hotels and other accommodations in Windhoek
- The closest major airport is in Windhoek (ERS-Eros), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Windhoek (WDH-Hosea Kutako), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Windhoek
The city's cultural venues include Alte Feste and National Gallery of Namibia. The city is notable for landmarks like Christ Church, Avis Dam, and Hero's Acre. The city's natural beauty is on display at Zoo Park, Daan Viljoen Game Reserve, and Otjivero Dam.
In Windhoek, there are 102 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Montebello Guesthouse - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hilltop Guesthouse - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. This 3.5-star guesthouse features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Villa Moringa Guesthouse - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Windhoek
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 58°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 58°F as the nighttime average
- Windhoek gets about 0.67 inches of rain per year
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F