Visitors can enjoy all that Xiamen has to offer including the parks, university setting, and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its musical theater. Top sights in the city include Cultural Art Center, Wanshi Botanical Garden, and Nanputuo Temple.
- There are 334 hotels and other accommodations in Xiamen
- The closest major airport is in Xiamen (XMN-Xiamen Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kinmen Island (KNH), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Xiamen
The city's cultural venues include Jiageng Park and Overseas Chinese Museum. Attractions like Taiwan Folk Village, Xiamen Seabed World, and Xiamen Yuanbo Garden are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Nanputuo Temple, Hulishan Cannon Fort, and Xinglin Court Tower.
In Xiamen, there are 334 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Joyze Hotel Xiamen, Curio Collection by Hilton - This 4-star hotel in Siming features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hotel Indigo Xiamen Harbour - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Siming can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Intercontinental Xiamen - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Siming can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Other top sights in Xiamen include Cultural Art Center and Wanshi Botanical Garden.
Dressing for Xiamen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 52°F at night
- About 45.24 inches of rain falls on Xiamen each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 51°F