History buffs will enjoy exploring Yuma, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its museums, cafés, and entertainment choices.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in Yuma
- The closest major airport is in Yuma, AZ (YUM-Yuma Intl.), 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mexicali, Baja California Norte (MXL-General Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada Intl.), 38.6 mi (62.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yuma
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Arizona Historical Society Sanguinetti House Museum and Sanquinetti House Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park and Yuma Crossing State Heritage Area. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the desert and these places to visit: Martinez Lake, West Wetlands Park, and Mittry Lake Wildlife Area.
In Yuma, you'll be able to select from 55 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Radisson Hotel Yuma - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point - Our customers like the central location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Wingate by Wyndham Yuma - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting Around Yuma
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Yuma Station. Yuma may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Yuma
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 107°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 108°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 97°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- Yuma gets about 1.50 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 107°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 47°F