Visitors to Accra are sure to enjoy the live music and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, entertainment choices, and sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include Accra Mall, U.S. Embassy, and Labadi Beach.
- There are 577 hotels and other accommodations in Accra
- The closest major airport is in Accra (ACC-Kotoka Intl.), 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Accra
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of Ghana, National Theatre of Ghana, and Osu Castle. The city is notable for landmarks like Independence Square, Wheel Story House, and Kwame Nkrumah Memorial. The city's natural beauty is on display at Labadi Beach, Kokrobite Beach, and Titanic Beach.
In Accra, you'll find 577 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Fiesta Residences Boutique Hotel and Serviced Apartments - This 4-star hotel in Cantonments features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Villa Monticello - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Victoria Borg can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Other top sights in Accra include Accra Mall and U.S. Embassy.
Dressing for Accra
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- About 48.66 inches of rain falls on Accra each year
- Hottest months are usually March and December with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 72°F