Akron Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 16 low-priced motels in Akron among more than 150 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy more of the attractions in Akron. Not-to-be-missed sights include Akron Art Museum, Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, and Firestone Country Club.
Fun fact: Beginning in the early 1950s, customized neon signs often lit up the roadside motels, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you'll often find free parking and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of our customers’ favorite Akron motels available to book:
Red Roof Inn Canton
- Stay within a short 5-minute drive of Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Twinsburg/Cleveland Area
- A business center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Northfield Park and Hard Rock Northfield Park.
Rodeway Inn Near Hall of Fame
- Enjoy access to the free parking and fitness center, as well as room amenities like WiFi.
- Stay within a short 6-minute drive of Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Economy Inn - Akron
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Akron Art Museum and University of Akron.
- A 24-hour front desk along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Akron
While you're sightseeing in this family-friendly area, check out the college campus and enjoy the beautiful waterfalls. Those who've visited Akron love the live music and entertainment.
Here are some popular places:
- Akron Art Museum
- Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens
- Firestone Country Club
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Perkins Park
- Sherbondy Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Akron Zoo
- Clear Water Park
- Harry London Chocolate Factory
Best Time to Visit Akron
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Akron by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 53° F and nighttime temperatures average 19° F
- April-June: 82° F is the daytime average and 33° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 67° F during the day and 21° F at night
- Average rainfall is 37.09 inches in a year
How to Get to Akron and Around the Area
|Akron, OH (AKC-Akron Fulton Intl.) ||Airport ||4 mi (6.4 km) |
|Akron, OH (CAK-Akron-Canton) ||Airport ||12.5 mi (20.1 km) |
|Cleveland, OH (CLE-Hopkins Intl.) ||Airport ||28 mi (45.1 km) |