Visitors to Alcobaca are sure to enjoy the temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, parks, and cathedral.
- There are 119 hotels and other accommodations in Alcobaca
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 55 mi (88.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Alcobaca
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Alcobaca Castle, Alcobaca Monastery, and Church of Vimeiro. The picturesque setting of Sao Martinho do Porto Beach and Lisbon and Tagus Valley exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you'll find Nazare Port and Nazare Beach in the area.
In Alcobaca, there are 119 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Challet Fonte Nova - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Vale d'Azenha Hotel and Residences - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Solar da Cerca do Mosteiro - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Alcobaca
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 46°F at night
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Alcobaca each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 46°F