Visitors to Almaty are sure to enjoy the mountain views and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, cafés, and monuments.
- There are 83 hotels and other accommodations in Almaty
- The closest major airport is in Almaty (ALA-Almaty Intl.), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Almaty
The city's cultural venues include National Museum of Kazakhstan and Almaty Opera House. The city is notable for landmarks like Presidential Palace, Almaty Cathedral, and Almaty Tower. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as 28 Panfilov Heroes Memorial Park and Big Almaty Lake.
In Almaty, there are 83 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Almaty - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool.
- Worldhotel Saltanat Almaty - Our customers love the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Renion Park Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
Getting Around Almaty
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Almaty Station. Almaty might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Almaty
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Almaty gets about 22.80 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F