Visitors can enjoy all that Almere has to offer including the architecture, local tours, and theaters. This city also attracts tourists with its culturally-rich and scenic setting. Top sights around the area include Nes, AFAS Live, and Amsterdam ArenA.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Almere
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 19.6 mi (31.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Almere
Favorite places to visit in the city include Kunstlinie Almere Flevoland KAF, Sluiskade, and Almeerderstrand. Additionally, you might want to add IJsselmeer to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Almere. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Van Der Valk Hotel Almere - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Apollo Hotel Almere City Centre - Our customers like the bar and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- FINN - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include Nes, located 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the city center, and AFAS Live, which is 12.1 mi (19.5 km) away.
Getting Around Almere
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Almere Centrum Station, Almere Muziekwijk Station, or Almere Parkwijk Station. Almere might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Almere
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 32°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Almere is 30.51 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F